How to contribute
If you like this project, and you would like to contribute to its development, here is what you can do:
- Translate this website into your native language. We have a user-friendly interface for quick translating of site content to any language.
- Help us to structure the database of images that we possess. We create a catalog of pictures now using EXCEL. This scheme is very simple and thoroughly worked out by our editorial staff. Examples of filled and empty EXCEL directories can be downloaded here.
- Edit and elaborate information that is already on WikiArt.org. By registering on this site, you can go to the page of your favorite artist — and correct any inaccuracies in the data, fill possible gaps in describing the works, add missing pictures, replace low quality images, and try to find names of not identified paintings.
- Report an error or low quality image. If you notice inaccurate information, grammatical errors, extraneous characters in the image, or any other problem, you can report it to our editors.
- If you do not have free time, but you still want to contribute, you may donate for the development of the project a little bit of your money.
- If you have comments on the site or interesting ideas how to make it even better and more interesting — you can share them with us. We welcome constructive criticism and creative approach.
- And, finally, you can tell your friends and acquaintances about this site — via twitter, google and facebook
— and perhaps they will also want to bring something to this project. More people, greater results!
Wiki functionality of the site is still under development and we are working hard to open editorial section for public. Please request an invitation and we'll let you know when it's ready.
You can contact us by e-mail and we'll gladly give you more detailed explanation of how to contribute to Wikipaintings.org